Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio

Friday, February 11, 2011

Believe and Be Satisfied. Motto of a young single Catholic

It's getting closer and closer to Valentine's Day. You know that day, with all the red and pink and mushy gushy stuff? I'm not usually one to spend too much time worrying about this particular day, after all it's just one day. The fact that there are couples out there that are in love doesn't make me sick to my stomach, it makes me happy, and hopeful.

I'm 20 and not in any rush to find any kind of relationship. Heck at this point in my life I wouldn't know what relationship would be good for me if it hit me on the head, but knowing that God takes the time to match two people up so perfectly leaves me looking forward to what future he has in store for me. I stumbled upon this poem the other day on Leisl's blog that seemed to speak pretty well to my situation:

Everyone longs to give herself completely to someone, to have a deep soul relationship with another, to be loved thoroughly and exclusively. But God to a Christian says,
"No, not until you are satisfied, fulfilled, content with living, loved by Me alone, with giving yourself wholly and completely to Me, with having an intensely personal and unique relationship with Me alone. Discovering that only in Me is your satisfaction to be found will you be capable of the perfect human relationship that I have planned for you.
You will never be united to another until you are united with Me, exclusive of anyone or anything else, exclusive of any other desires or longings. I want you to stop planning, stop wishing, and allow Me to give you the most thrilling plan existing... one that you cannot even imagine. I want you to have the best!
Please allow Me to bring it to you. Just keep watching Me, expecting the greatest things. Keep experiencing the satisfaction knowing that I am. Keep listening to and learning the things I tell you. Just wait, that's all.
Don't be anxious. Don't worry. Don't look at the things you think you want. Just keep looking off and away, up to me, or you'll miss what I have to show you. And then, when you're ready, I'll surprise you. With a love far more wonderful than you would ever dream. You see, until you are ready, I am working even at this moment to have both of you ready at the same time. Until you are both satisfied exclusively with Me and the life I have prepared for you, you won't be able to experience the love that exemplifies your relationship with Me. And this is perfect love.
And dear one, I want you to have this most wonderful love. I want you to see in the flesh a picture of your relationship with Me, and to enjoy materially and concretely the everlasting union of beauty, perfection, and love that I offer you with Myself.
Know that I love you completely, for I am God. Believe, and be satisfied."

3 comments:

Liesl said...

Yes, love Believe and Be Satisfied! So good!

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful!! Thank you for sharing this :)

SuppSamanthaa said...

I love all your blogs, they really relate to me(:
I didn't think I would find something that I would relate to so much. It's a lot of similar things I go through as a Catholic as well.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio