Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

All For You

This song has been appearing in my life quite a bit lately. Tonight at praise
& worship/adoration we were singing it and the words just really resonated with me. I've bolded the part that really hit me tonight. Sometimes it amazes me the language in which God chooses to communicate, He's so genius. I like to have prompts for my prayer, something which to focus on and the last paragraph gave me this. I've bolded the part that really hit me tonight.


Nothing compares toLife I have in You
Nothing of this world satisfies
So, I want to let go
I want to let You know
All that I have to give is Yours

Here I am
As gold to the fire
I will surrender to Your hand
To this place
Lord, I have come ready for Your touch

It's all for You
It's all for You
I'm letting go
I'm letting go

What is it in me
That hangs on for so long
Why do I fight the tears that come?
I work so hard to
Keep in control when
All that I want is to let go


I'll take this life
And lay it down
I'm letting go
I'm letting go
My hopes and dreams
Here at Your feet
I'm letting go
I'm letting go


I'll take this life and lay it down: It's no secret that I've been having troubles with my roommate lately. I'd like to say I've been bringing my struggles with her to God in prayer. I'm trying so hard to make this life work for me the way that I want it to work, but maybe He has another plan for it. God put her in my life for a reason and tonight I decided to do as the song said, I took my life and lay it down for God to pick it up and do with as he wishes. I'm going to try and watch Him work through me the way He knows is best.

My hopes and dreams here at your feet: I have hopes and dreams of having a big amazing family of my own, being a fabulous interior designer, creating the home of my dreams and having season tickets to KU basketball for the rest of my life! Tonight I tried to let go of them. If I'm living for my own hopes and dreams then I may be ignoring God's plan for me. Only He knows what I'm called for, and I don't want to be blinded by what I want and miss out on the opportunity He may be handing me. And I know, that His plans will be WAY better than anything that I could every imagine for myself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio