Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Why do we blog?

Thursday in my Creative Nonfiction Writing class we discussed blogging.

These were some of the questions proposed to us in class.

Why do we write? We write for ourselves not for anyone else, one girl brought up.

What's the point? Another girl mentioned that what you're going through and choosing to write about may inadvertently help someone else with what is going on in their life. 

Who really wants to read the random things happening in my life anyways? This is a question I'd always had. Blogging had always interested me but who would be interested in me and what I had to say? Everything was so random, every blogging site out there will tell you to pick one topic and stick with it. My brain isn't hardwired that way, to only think about one topic when I'm blogging.

My professor brought up a good point when he said What you're writing about isn't random to you. These are things that are impacting your life and they're important. Nothing that you ever write about can truly be random because it was a thought you were having that was most likely brought to you by another thought.

Which brings me to this: Why do I blog?

I've tried before and failed miserably, just giving up because I wasn't getting what I had hoped for out of it. Now I've kind of listened to the pros, and picked a topic that I like, a topic that is broad, a topic that I care about: GOD.

God is everywhere and that's why it's so easy to write about Him. He is in every facet of my life wether I like it or not. Now that I'm blogging I'm starting to look for him more often in my day to day life. It's a beautiful blessing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio