Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio

Monday, January 24, 2011

Do I have a Mass for you.

As I may have mentioned before, this is my 4th year marching on Washington trying to stop legalized abortion. The trip is a ton if fun but its not all rainbows and sunshine. This is a pilgrimage, not a vacation, and my friends and I sacrifice everything from our sleep, healthy eating, sanity and even comfort. We sacrifice so that the unborn can have their voices heard.

The main domes in the Bascillica, ALL mosaic!

The Vigil Mass for Life at the Bascillica is amazing, but what comes with an amazing mass other than an amazing length? The procession in of the crucifix, seminarians, deacons, priests, cardinals and bishops took a good 40 minutes alone.

We arrived there today at 3:00 for 6:30 mass. We were really pretty lucky to have found some nice hard cold marble floor for a chunk of us to sit on. While marble is beyond beautiful it isn't exactly comfort seating. We didn't leave until 9:30.

For me Mass was hard, I was battling exhaustion, a very hurt foot, legs that were falling asleep and the inability to see the altar. So while unfortunately all of my attention wasn't constantly directed on Mass itself I did come across an intriguing thought in prayer:

What if Mary had aborted Jesus?

Now I'm aware Mary is without sin so it never would've happened but it truly scared me. How different would my life be if Jesus Christ had never been born?

Michael, Leslie, Quint and I.
A horrible picture but all of us worked TOTUS TUUS KCK this summer!
I haven't seen Quint since August!
God gave me so much on this trip

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio