Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Struggles with a Roommate

Let's just say that over the past 2 years I haven't had the best luck with roommates. I've been through 4, in 4 semesters!
My freshman year my first roommate Lizzy was fine and I could hold a conversation with her but we were so different. I loved sports and kept up with fashion, enjoyed hanging out with my friends and going to church. She was indy, a little hippy, liked to smoke hookah with her boyfriend and shopped at the thrift store. Now I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that it's just to show how different we were. I ended up moving after the semester because I didn't like the location of the dorm.

Second semester freshman year I moved to one of the nicest dorms on campus to a two person with my very own bathroom! That was exciting. My new roommate Bri was a sophomore from Chicago, I'm a small town girl from Home. She was a little TOO interested in fashion, spending her parents money on ridiculous clothes that definitely didn't cover enough of anything. She liked to party and I'd occasionally come home at night to find her and a guy 'cuddling' on her bed. I did like her company a bit more because we watched the same shows and listened to the same music so it was bearable, but I'm a night owl and she's an early bird so that was pretty difficult as well.

First semester sophomore year I decided to live in the dorms again against my better wishes. I chose a 4 bedroom with the hope that out of 4 I'd get at least 1 good roommate, well I did one better than that, I got 2!!! Unfortunately they were my suitemates not my room roommates. My room roommate Shae was a serious disappointment. She was from Tennessee, loved Jesus and her family and had lived in Kansas for 2 years. At first I thought we were going to be able to make it work, but it definitely didn't. Without getting into too much detail here she had some problems and had to leave a week early. Her mom and grandparents came up to move her stuff off and that's the last I saw of any of them.

Now on to the current roommate, Caileigh (I used to really like this name, now...never gonna happen). She's been my roommate for not even a 2 weeks and I've already learned that she's angry a LOT, has a poor relationship with her parents and her ex but not really ex boyfriend, curses like a sailor, and is a compulsive liar. She hates my GLEE music and the fact that I eat apples at night. 
I'm starting to think that I'm a magnet, or maybe it's me and someone else living with these same people would've had a totally different experience.

Oy vey!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio