Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio

Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 28 - A picture of something you're afraid of

This may come as a surprise to all of you, but an animal person I am not

Sometimes when I say that out loud to people they look at me in shock, like HOW can I not be an animal person? EVERYBODY is an animal person. Let's set the record straight, it's not that hate animals I just prefer most of them behind a fence and on a leash.

I was raised on a farm and we had our fair share of animals; cows and calves, hogs, piggies, dogs, puppies, cats and kitties. And when I was little all of these animals were great! I got to bottle feed a calf every once and a while which was cool but kinda gross at the same time(so slobbery!).

My mom told me a story about when I was really little and my dad was moving hogs and the pen was really muddy. His boot must have been stuck in the mud and when the hogs kept coming he went over backwards and I just started crying and screaming 'the pigs ate my daddy!'

When I was a little older than that I was at my Aunt and Uncles house one night with my dad. My dad and uncle were looking at something, it could have been a cow/calf but my memory is a little hazy. I had been playing with their dog and was down petting him when it happened. I was a gonner, buh-bye animal kingdom, no way, no how, ain't gonna happen. HE BIT ME! Right on my upper lip on which I still have a little scar to this day.


From that moment on I was deathly afraid of dogs. DOGS! Big dogs, small dogs, white dogs, black dogs, solid color dogs, spotted dogs, loud dogs, quiet dogs, yippy dogs, barking dogs, dogs. I couldn't take a step in to my best friend Brittany's house in Elementary/Jr.High without making her put her Golden Retriever Summer in a separate room while I made a mad dash up the stairs away from her.

I'm 20 now and I still curl my hands up in a fist when dogs start sniffing around me, I just don't trust their mouth and my fingers in the same general vicinity. Oh and don't even get me started on doggy kisses, there is no way. that I'm ever going to let a dog get that close to my mouth on purpose ever again. NO. WAY.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio